Thursday 18 June 2009

‘THEY’ COME TO GRADE ME…….BRRRRRRRRR

Some time ago when contemplating my occupancy and wondering what I was doing wrong while channel hopping I came across a program called ‘Hotel Inspector”, about some quite formidable woman going around to nasty hostelries and telling them how to make their terminal business a success.
The first thing she pointed out to the poor frightened old man that possessed the place under discussion, was that unlike all his competitors on the street, his was the only one that had no stars.
I realized that on the great highway of the inter world I too was lacking such, and so after a lot of soul searching and trepidation I contacted the authorities involved in this classification thang.
Loot was extracted and an appointment was made, the lodge was given an extra sprucing and I was up and ready, sort of, for the day of reckoning.
I was very worried about this whole thing and expected the worst, what with my lackadaisical attitudes not to mention my distrust and hostility to all forms of authority.
My image of what constituted a hotel inspector was filled with thoughts of extremely anal, bossy, power mad, snotty fart pants, which would turn its nose up at my ‘arty’ little lodge.
Instead I got a charming chap in an unsuitable car who it turns out had also been an acolyte of the advertising/ marketing world and was very amenable and kind about everything we were doing out here.
The long and short of it subject to some oversight committee making it’s pronouncement I am now a 4 STAR fully graded and established establishment.

No comments: